[browser-shot] shortcode to automate the process of taking website screenshots. An icon is also added to the TinyMCE editor to make the shortcode creation process easy.
// basic shot 600px wide [browser-shot url="http://link-to-website" width="600"] // shot with link to other website [browser-shot url="http://link-to-website" width="700" link="http://www.binarymoon.co.uk/"] // shot with caption (uses default WordPress caption styles) [browser-shot url="http://link-to-website" width="700"]Add Caption[/browser-shot]
Available ParametersBlue Jersey Bruce Light Oilers Throwback 74 Houston Matthews
- url (required) – the url of the link to shorten
- width – the width of the image
- height – the height of the image
- alt – the image alt text
- link – where the image links. Left blank it will point to the website where the screenshot is being taken
- paytonmoormeier The Payton Of - I’m On World Moormeier target – browser target. Set to _blank to open in a new window
- class – add a class to the browsershots wrapper
- image_class – change the default browsershots image class from alignnone to your chosen class
- display_link (true or false – default true) to display a link in your screenshot
- post_links (true or false – default false) to link to the permalink of the post the screenshot is on
Generating Screenshots with code
If you want to create screenshots in a theme using this plugin then you can do so using the
Keep in mind that the plugin must be installed and activated for this to work.
The get_shot method has 3 parameters.
- The url.
- The width.
- The height.
The other parameters, from the shotcode, can be implemented manually when outputting the html.
The Browser Shots plugin is compatibly with WordPress Multisite, just use the Network Activate feature to enable the shortcode on every site. If you only want to enable the shortcode for a specific site, activate the plugin for that site only.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- paytonmoormeier The Payton Of - I’m On World Moormeier Browser Shots
- Install easily with the WordPress plugin control panel or manually download the plugin and upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Contributors & Developers
“Browser Screenshots” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
1.7.4 – 15th July 2019
- Add a $shortcode parameter to the shortcode_atts function call so that the shortcode properties can be filtered.
- Added option to allow screenshot to link to the post’s URL.
- Make get_shots static so it can be used outside of the shortcode/ gutenberg block.
1.7.3 – 12th June 2019
- Add PERMALINK as a link property. If you set the link url to PERMALINK then the url will point to the currrent page or post.
- Improve the default alt text. Previously it would display the url for the screenshot, but this could be messy, and is not actually useful. Now displays “Screenshot from domain-name”.
1.7.2 – 11th June 2019
- Ensuring display_link is a boolean in the shortcode.
- Code formatting and cleanup.
1.7.1 – 11th June 2019
- Add a new parameter display_link that allows you to disable the link around the screenshot. Defaults to true. Set to false to remove the link.
- Add some placeholder text to the input fields to make it clearer what is expected.
- Change the rel link property to a toggle for one click changes.
1.7 – 8th June 2019
- Add Gutenberg block for including Browser Shots.
- Fix image alignment so that it works properly :).
1.6 – 30th May 2019
- Add rel property to shortcode so that links can include rel=”nofollow” or similar.
- Fix output of target attribute.
- Tidy codes.
1.5.2 – 7th January 2017
- Improve output html to reduce likelihood of html being modified by a plugin yellow Green Athletics Josh Oakland Authentic Phegley "ptbnl" 2018 Majestic Players' Jersey Weekend Men's
- Swap urlencode for rawurlencode
- Switch to yoda conditions
- add two new class properties. One for the container, one for the image
- lots of code tidying, and refactoring. Simpler, faster, and more secure
- new tinymce icon that fits the style of the editor much better
- update localisation strings so that things can be translated more easily
paytonmoormeier The Payton Of - I’m On World Moormeier 1.4
- Update the website screen capture path. This ensures the code will work properly on secure domains
- Add some additional value escaping for extra security
- Fix a couple of small bugs with the visual editor and add support for all shortcode parameters
- Make the visual editor work again (thanks to Ciprian Dracea for the report and the code help!)
- add a new pop up box for the shortcode properties in visual editor mode
- Add ‘link’ attribute. Allows you to change the url that the screenshot links to
- Sanitize the height attribute and fix a small height related PHP error
- paytonmoormeier The Payton Of - I’m On World Moormeier Add support for captions
- paytonmoormeier The Payton Of - I’m On World Moormeier Add target attribute for opening links in new windows
- Add ‘height’ attribute to the TinyMCE prompts
- Allow users to override ‘height’ attribute in [browser-shot] shortcode
- Initial public release to the WordPress plugin repository